Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Calgary Paralympian credits CADS for kick-starting her career

A file photo taken by Global News.
A file photo taken by Global News.


Paralympian Alana Ramsay found her freedom on the ski hill when she was just six years old, after having a stroke.

Her physiotherapist at the Alberta Children’s Hospital recommended she reach out to the Calgary Association for Disabled Skiing (CADS) to get her involved in sports.

“I have cerebral palsy on my right side,” Ramsay says. “I had a stroke, prenatal, right behind my left eye.

“A lot of people, when they have disabilities, they limit themselves on what they can and cannot do. And when I get on the ski hill, it’s everything I can do.”

Ramsay went to CADS to ski every Friday night as a young girl. She credits the program for kick-starting her career as a Paralympian. Eventually, she went on to compete in the 2018 Paralympic Winter Games in PyeongChang, where she earned two bronze medals.

No comments:

Post a Comment